FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
1. Sainik Welfare Department has the over-all responsibility for resettlement of Ex-service personnel including officers, disabled Ex-servicemen, widows of Exservicemen and their dependents. The Director of Sainik Welfare is one of the independent Heads of the Departments in the states. The Department of Sainik Welfare functions under administrative control of Home Department at Secretariat level and technical guidelines are issued by Director General of Resettlement (DGR),New Delhi, Kendriya Sainik Board(KSB), New Delhi functioning under Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare(DESW), New Delhi.
2. The main functions of the Sainik Welfare Department are as under:
1. Guide and monitor the functioning of Zilla Sainik Welfare Offices in the State.
2. Promoting measures for Welfare & Re-settlement of Ex-servicemen and families of Serving and deceased Armed Forces Personnel.
3. Administration of various funds placed at its disposal.
4. Dissemination of information to general public regarding Armed Forces in the Country and taking measures to attract youth to join Armed Forces.
5. Undertake welfare activities to rehabilitate Ex-servicemen and their dependents.
3. Directorate of Sainik Welfare has Director and 10 Regional Sainik Welfare Officers.
The office of the Director has the following sections for efficient and smooth functioning:-
(a) Establishment and Administration section.
(b) Accounts section.
(c) Schemes section including Employment & Self-employment schemes.
(d) Armed Forces Flag Day Fund section.
The Regional Sainik Welfare Offices(RSWO) are located at the following places and their Jurisdiction is mentioned against each:-
(a) Regional Sainik Welfare Offices(RSWO) Adilabad covers the districts Adilabad, Kumaram Bheem(Manchiryala) and Nirmal
(b) Regional Sainik Welfare Offices(RSWO) Hyderabad covers the district Hyderabad
(c) Regional Sainik Welfare Offices(RSWO) Karimnagar covers the districts Karimnagar, Pedda Palli, and Jagityala(Siricilla)
(d) Regional Sainik Welfare Offices(RSWO) Khammam covers the districts Khammam and Bhadradri Kothagudem
(e) Regional Sainik Welfare Offices(RSWO) Mahabubnagar covers the districts Mahabubnagar, Nagarkurnool, Wanaparthy, Jogulamba Gadwal, and Narayanapet
(f) Regional Sainik Welfare Offices(RSWO) Medak covers the districts Sangareddy, Medak and Siddipet
(g) Regional Sainik Welfare Offices(RSWO) Nalgonda covers the districts Nalgonda, Suryapet, and Yadadri
(h) Regional Sainik Welfare Offices(RSWO) Nizamabad covers the districts Nizamabad and Kamareddy
(j) Regional Sainik Welfare Offices(RSWO) Ranga Reddy covers the districts Ranga Reddy, Medchal Malkajgiri and Vikarabad
(k) Regional Sainik Welfare Offices(RSWO) Warangal covers the districts Warangal(Urban), Warangal(Rural), Mahabubabad, Jayashankar(Bhupalapally), Jangaon and Mulugu
Designed, Developed and Hosted by NIC, Hyderabad,Telangana State