ARMED FORCES FLAG DAY FUND
The Armed Forces Flag Day is solemnly observed on 07 Dec every year, w.e.f. 1949 to commemorate the monumental sacrifices made by the Armed Forces personnel in defending the territorial integrity of our Sovereign nation both during War and Peace. The citizens express their solidarity with the Valiant Armed Forces Personnel of our Nation by displaying the Armed Forces Flags.
2. The voluntary donations from citizens are collected for “Flag Day fund” by sale of Car flags, stickers, Hundi boxes, etc. Govt of India, Ministry of Defence Notification vide Notification No SRO-7E dated 13 Apr 93, have approved amalgamation of following funds into "Armed Forces Flag Day Fund" for undertaking the rehabilitation of War veterans, War widows, Disabled soldiers, Ex-Servicemen and their families.
a) Amalgamated Special Fund for War Bereaved, War Disabled and other ex-Servicemen/Serving Personnel.
b) Flag Day Fund.
c) St. Dunstans (India) and Kendriya Sainik Board Fund.
d) Indian Gorkha Ex-Servicemens Welfare Fund.
3. The management and administration of the “Armed Forces Flag Day Fund “ at Central level rests with the Managing Committee with Hon’ble Raksha Mantri as its Chairman.
4. The management and administration of the “Armed Forces Flag Day Fund “ at State level rests with the State Managing Committee. Hon’ble Governor of the State is the Chairman, Chief Secretary, senior IAS Officers, Serving and retired Defence officers are members and Director sainik Welfare is the Secretary of the committee. The Committee lays down guidelines for management of the fund and approves various schemes and assistance provided out of the fund. Some of them are:
a) Monthly Financial assistance to Disabled ex-Servicemen.
b) Monthly Financial assistance to Disabled children of ex-Servicemen.
c) Monthly Financial assistance to orphan children of Ex-Servicemen.
d) Monthly financial assistance to Old age Ex-Servicemen and their widows.
e) Financial assistance in case of natural calamities such as earth quake, floods, etc to the families of Ex-Servicemen.
f) Financial assistance for medical treatment of Ex-Servicemen and their families.
g) Financial assistance for re-marriage of widows of Ex-Servicemen.
h) Financial assistance for marriage of Girl children (02) of Ex-Servicemen.
i) Education concessions for children of Ex-Servicemen and widows, etc.
5. The contributions for Armed Forces Flag day Fund are received in the following ways:
a) Corporate Social Responsibility.
b) Contributions from Employees as one time measure per annum.
c) Sale of Car Flags, stickers, etc.
d) Hundi box collections and Individual contributions.
6. The donations for the Armed Forces Flag day Fund are eligible under CSR as per S.No (vi) of amendment to Schedule VII of CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) of the Companies Act 2013 as per Ministry of Corporate Affairs Notification cited at 2 above read in conjunction with Extra Ordinary Gazette Part II Section 3-Sub Section (i) 95 dated 28 February 2014.
7. The donations from individuals are 100% exempt from Income Tax as per Sec 80 G (5) (vi) of Income Tax Act 1961.
8. The contributions for Armed Forces Flag day fund may be sent by Cheque/DD drawn in favour of “The Director, Sainik Welfare, T.S. Hyderabad” and despatched to " Director Sainik Welfare, Telangana, Sainik Aramghar Complex, lane next to Ratnadeep Super market, Raj Bhavan Road, Somajiguda, Hyderabad-82" .
( Donors are requested to write their name, address and mobile number behind the cheque so that receipt could be sent to them).
9. Donors may also remit their voluntary contribution through RTGS/NEFT and intimate through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that receipt may be forwarded.
BANK : State Bank of India, Shantinagar Branch, Hyderabad
A/C No : 52188926279
IFSC Code : SBHY0020070
MICR Code : 500004057
Designed, Developed and Hosted by NIC, Hyderabad,Telangana State